martes, 3 de mayo de 2011

~> Neverwhere

Ok, I loved the book, I mean, usually what I like to read are romantic comedies or novels, I had read some "fantasy" stories, and one or two suspense stories, but I don't know, I really liked it, the way it was written, the story itself, the combination of characters, and how the author played with some of the names (like Door), at first I couldn't understand what the story was going to be about, couldn't find the relation between the explanation of Richard's life with Vandemar and Croup, but then they were all at the same place at the same time. Also I liked how as the story kept going, they explained you the reason why Jessica dind't pay attention to Door when she was bleeding (because the people from one London couldn't see the people from the other London), and why the "bad guy" first wanted Door to be killed, then protected and then caught.
But what I liked the most about the story, was that the characters that I thought were bad, turned up to be the good ones, because for example, when Vandemar and Croup told Door and Richard that there was a traitor between them, we thought (because I include myself) that there was The Carabas, but at the end they discovered that the traitor was Hunter. And what I think that amazed me the most, was to discover that the character who was behind everything, was Islington. So in conclusion, I think it is a great story, very explicit, and interesting.

1 comentario:

  1. I also like that Hunter and Islington appear to be good but they are bad and that the author make the Carabas appear to be the traitor but he is not. I felt the same as you when I start reading as I thought it was going to be a story difficult to read.

    ResponderEliminar